Protect Marriage Washington lays their hatred bare
Posted in: marriage equality
Are the homosexuals finally going to take control of our culture and push their depraved lifestyle on our children and families? — Val Stevens
Tuesday, Larry Stickney posted to his Protect Marriage Washington website a letter from state senator Val Stevens. Gone is the disingenuous claim that “Our opposition is not about hate. It’s about love.” Finally PMW is being honest about their true reason for opposing the domestic partnership law: raw animus against “homosexuals”. They’re so overflowing with it that they can’t even use the more common, non-sexualized terms “gays and lesbians”.
The author of this hateful letter is state senator Val Stevens. Last we heard of her, she was calmly accompanying Roy and Valerie Hartwell as they committed fraud by apparently signing the petition circulator affidavits on petition sheets they did not circulate. Senator Stevens presents herself as a moral giant, but I wonder why she isn’t being impeached.
The entire message is below the fold, with my annotations. Count how many times Stevens lies and tries to dehumanize gay people.
Important message from Sen. Val Stevens on R-71!
Could this be the final battle? Senator Val Stevens
Are the homosexuals finally going to take control of our culture and push their depraved lifestyle on our children and families?
Ballots were mailed last week to over 3 million voters in Washington State asking them to either approve or reject Senate Bill 5688. Passed last spring in the legislature, SB5688 would strip away the protections of traditional marriage that were ensured with the passage of DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act) just a few short years ago.
What kept SB5688 from being signed into law (1)by a very willing governor were a few courageous people who came together to file a referendum to allow the voters to make the final decision – to REJECT this bill.
Frankly, it was nothing short of a miracle that R-71 qualified for the ballot. (2)
Amidst harassment and even death threats by the homosexual radicals pushing this into our faces, just enough signatures were gathered to give you the final say on the upcoming ballot.
And now, we need one more miracle to stay the course and ward off – what could be – the final assault on our families and American culture by the homosexuals.
You may just be that miracle…
Do you realize what is going on here? Consider the following:
· In 1970, (on the heels of a “free love” 60′s radical culture) sodomy laws were repealed in Washington State, with government turning a blind eye to a behavior commonly considered perversion – and still the case with a majority of Americans.(3)
· Organizations, such as NAMBLA, (North American Man Boy Love Association) appeared on the horizon seeking to repeal “age of consent” laws (NAMBLA is still in business today).(4)
· Various pro-homosexual websites (most now taken down) have shown that homosexuals’ real intent is to “normalize” homosexuality – which means pushing the lifestyle through public schools, beginning with elementary school-aged children. They will settle for nothing less than your full-scale acceptance – whether you like it or not!(5)
· After 27 years of relentless pursuit, homosexuals finally received protected class status from the Washington State Legislature in 2006, making it illegal for you to refuse to rent them a house, or hire them on account of their homosexuality.(6)
· Canada already has laws making it illegal to speak against homosexuality on the streets. Bills exist presently in the U.S. Congress to do the same. (7) In the last few weeks a Canadian church pastor was arrested for speaking against homosexuality.
Now do you see what’s happening? Like the proverbial frog who ends up paralyzed and unable to get out of the water as he waits too long and the temperature reaches boiling – the homosexuals have been winning incrementally, taking their time, while we’ve been asleep at the wheel.
But it’s still not too late … and I want this to be a wake up call.
And I hope you will put up a clarion call to your friends and family and let them know that we are on the verge of losing the battle of our lifetimes if we don’t stand up now!
Or … if we do stand up now … we’re on the verge of victory. It’s up to us.
This is a fight we cannot afford to lose – but one we can win now. And the only thing standing in the way of an easy victory on November 3rd is a few miserable dollars to reach the voters with the truth – that silent majority of people who, for whatever reason, won’t stand and fight.
To date (you can look it up your self on the Public Disclosure Commission website) the homosexuals have amassed over $1 million to sell this re-invention of marriage to an unwitting population.
That $1 million is in stark contrast to the paltry $60,000 we have raised.(8)
Meanwhile, if we lose on November 3rd, people will approach me on the street and ask me how it happened!?
My reply? ”How big was the check you wrote?” (Most will have given nothing… )
We don’t have to lose. Every piece of research says that a large majority of people want to see our traditional definition of marriage remain intact. If the election were held before the media began, the homosexuals would lose by 7 to 8 points. That’s why they are raising so much money to sell this as something it is not and overcome the deficit.
That’s also why it is so very important that we raise enough money to reach voters with the real story and to combat the following:
· Ads cloaking this as a “fairness” bill – not being about marriage. (Senator Murray, one of the bill’s homosexual sponsors said marriage is the end game. It is a Trojan horse from homosexuals who seek to overturn thousands of years of sacred family tradition).(9)
· Ads showing homosexual couples with children trying to appear as normal American families. (The sociological effects of fatherless homes are clear from every study, and from experience as we see the devastation in Scandinavian countries where this is rampant. It also continues the objective of the feminization of the male in our society).(10)
· Ads showing older couples in support of SB5688. (Citizens aged 62 and older were included in the bill only to help the homosexual community garner their support. Yet, there is little of consequence in SB-5688 that heterosexual domestic partners 62+ cannot get now from a simple power of attorney. Seniors are being used.)(11)
Will you stand up now and come to the aid of marriage?
Larry Stickney, who is leading our effort, has put his life on hold to fight this fight on our behalf. His household bills have at times gone unpaid, while he has remained faithful to this cause. Now it’s our turn.
As a long time sitting State Senator, I’m asking you to join this fight – a fight easily winnable if we can just reach more people with the message you’re reading now. So far, we cannot even afford to buy TV ads at all.
Perhaps you’re a miracle person who can give many thousands of dollars for our TV ad campaign. Or, if you’re like a lot of us, you can only afford to give $1,000, $500 or less. No matter where you are, or what you can give, every amount large and small will help us save the sacred institution of marriage we hold so dear.
We have faced several defeats on this front in recent years. This is one we can win and set the homosexual agenda back. Will you help us?
P.S. With just two weeks until Election Day, time is running out. Can you stop right now and send your most generous contribution? When you’re finished, will you commit to calling at least two friends and asking them to help? The homosexuals are betting you won’t. I’m hoping you will. Thank you!
(1) In fact Governor Gregoire did sign the domestic partnership bill SB 5688 into law on May 18, 2009. Placing Referendum 71 on the ballot only suspended enactment of the law.
(2) The “miracle” of the signature drive involved paid signature gatherers who lied to voters about the purpose of the petition and harassed them, and the erroneous acceptance thousands of signatures from petitions with fraudulently signed affidavits.
(3) Sodomy in both forms, anal penetration and oral sex, is widely engaged in by heterosexuals. inferring that sodomy is a gay-only practice is ludicrous.
(4) Sale of children into heterosexual sex slavery is a large and well-known problem in the United States. Yet prominent heterosexual Americans defend men who drug and rape girls. If the existence of NAMBLA is supposed to disqualify gays and lesbians from domestic partnerships, then winking at heterosexual child rape should disqualify heterosexuals from marriage.
(5) I don’t want Senator Steven’s acceptance, I want equal protection of the laws. This is the birthright of every American and is supposedly guaranteed by the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
(6) This is Sen. Steven’s true bone of contention. She deeply and consistently laments the inability to legally deprive gay and lesbian people of jobs and housing. No wonder she can’t stomach us striving to legally protect our families.
(7) It is disturbing when a state senator sinks below hyperbole into outright lies. The truth is, Sen. Stevens will always be able to stand on any street in the USA and tell the world how much she loathes “homosexuals”. It is her 1st Amendment right to do so.
(8) The PDC shows that Protect Marriage Washington and collaborators Vote Reject on R-71 and Faith & Freedom PAC have raised about $462,000 in cash and in-kind campaign services. They do appear to be out-spent by Washington Families Standing Together, but not by the wide margin implied by Sen. Stevens.
(9) Domestic partnerships are not marriage and never will be marriage. Domestic partnerships are not transportable across state lines, and do not qualify the couple for any of the 1,049 federal-level rights, responsibilities and obligations of marriage. Read the ballot language:
This bill would expand the rights, responsibilities, and obligations accorded state-registered same-sex and senior domestic partners to be equivalent to those of married spouses, except that a domestic partnership is not a marriage.
(10) The phrase “trying to appear as normal American families” provides a clear example of how Sen. Stevens attempts to dehumanize gay and lesbian people.
“The Scandinavian countries have long had a tradition of living together outside of marriage,” said Andrew Cherlin, a professor of public policy at Johns Hopkins University and the author of “The Marriage-Go-Round: The State of Marriage and the Family in America Today.”
“In places like Sweden nearly all of the non-marital births occur to couples in long-term relationships that often last as long as if not longer than American marriages…For us in the U.S. it’s important to be married, in Sweden it’s important to have a stable relationship whether they’re married or not,” said Cheriln.
(11) According to Sen. Stevens’ colleague Joseph Backholm of the Family Policy Institute of Washington, 1,000 straight senior citizens have registered as domestic partners. The Seattle Times wrote about the very real financial problems some seniors face upon remarriage. Here is a first-person testimony by a straight couple in Evans to that effect.
As a postscript, here is what The Seattle Times had to say about Sen. Stevens in a May, 2007 editorial in a fit of endorser’s remorse:
Thursday, Stevens argued on the Senate floor against the domestic-partnership law for gay and lesbian couples. We support the legislation but understand some people disagree with it. Stevens went beyond disagreement, recalling her attempts last year to amend a gay-rights bill to exempt such activities as bestiality and necrophilia, vulgarly implying they had something to do with gay rights. Shame on her….
In 2004, we endorsed Stevens, who was first elected to the Legislature in 1992. Her challenger, Democrat Susanne Olson, was a high-school teacher who decided to run when she was concerned Stevens would have no opposition. We thought she was too inexperienced. Stevens is proving, however, experience isn’t everything.