It’s an open thread. What stories have you been following today? Here are a few headlines I’ve shared over social networks…
- The Advocate’s Washington correspondent, Kerry Eleveld posts her final column for the mag. She assesses her past four years covering LGBT equality and what the repeal of “don’t ask, don’t tell” means for the future of the movement.
- Gates Issues Order To Speed Up Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Repeal. Fundie eruptions begin in 3..2..1..
- Wendy Wright: There’s No Discrimination in America, Except for that Committed by “Homosexual Activists.” Do these wingers TRY to look unbalanced?
- Screaming Birther Interrupts Reading of the Constitution on House Floor. This brings new meaning to the GOP’s desire to “listen to the voters.”
- David Badash at The New Civil Rights Movement – Is Obama’s New Chief Of Staff William Daley Bad For Gay Rights?
- Milwaukee Archdiocese Files For Bankruptcy Over Child Sex Abuse Lawsuits. The crimes of another wing of the pedophile priest protection racket.
- Rhode Island: marriage equality bill introduced today.
- Issa: When I Said Obama Is Corrupt, I Meant Like A Computer (VIDEO). This is how you walk back a comment the dumbass way:
“I think people misunderstand the meaning of the word corrupt, and obviously CNN does. Corrupt or corrupted or failure — it’s no different than a disc drive giving you some bits that are wrong,” Issa said.
There’s no special reason for the photo other than what I said on Facebook and Twitter:
Not exactly a bucket list item, but I’ve always wanted to have a pair of purple shoes. These are Easy Spirit Okras; they arrived today. With my neuropathy it’s hard to find any good shoes, let alone neat purple ones. I may not be able to wear sexy shoes anymore, so I have to go with eclectic :)
I have a couple of patterned dresses with purple in them, so when I return to work part-time next week I will be stylin’ (in comfort, of course). I still can’t wear regular pants or jeans; my post-surgery abdomen doesn’t like them, so it will be mostly dresses, tunics and leggings for me for a while.